BabyFruit Ticker
24 week viability goal: May 1, 2011!
Hoping to make it to at least 34 weeks! July 3, 2011!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Week 17 checkup and ultrasound 3/16/11

I was going to start off with 17w6d BUT I just discovered they didn't change my EDD based upon my u/s that showed me 3 days ahead back long ago - like I did ... sooo, 3 days back I go.  17w3d is what they have, so I better get on their schedule.

Anyhow, the visit today was good.  Nothing changed much.  AFI was 5.56 bladder partially full, we got a cute shot of the baby taking a drink - mouth open and we could see the fluid going down - so it IS getting fluid in!!   It was moving it's arms and while looking like it was a bit more work, it was able to move legs.  We got a cute shot of baby "waving" you can see the arm bones and fingers. 

I asked about P17 shots, she said the MFM didn't recommend them b/c I'm not having preterm labor or contractions.  But, on that note she DID tell me that they will start antibiotics and steroids when they admit me at about 23 and a half weeks.  I did ask if I could stay at the local hospital before having to go so far away, she said she didn't think so but that we'd discuss it later after I make it that far.

So odd that when I discovered my EDD was late Aug my first thoughts were "right when the boys go back to school" so it wouldn't be so chaotic.  Now, I'm panicking because I'm thinking OMG what will I do with them all summer while I'm in the hospital??  I'm trying to stay calm b/c yes, first we have to make it that far, and secondly, if all is going well I might MIGHT be able to convince them to let me stay home a bit longer or locally - the big level iii nicu hospital is 3 hours away by car, but the other nurse told me it's a quick flight via helicopter so, I would think they could get me there if needed.  IDK, on the other hand I know I need to do whats best for me/baby but my family as well - so, there's some things to iron out as we get closer to that 6 week from now mark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment